Applicability of the Terms & Conditions
Any use of our website and/or services, as a website visitor, a guest or an Experience Curator, constitutes an agreement to all terms and conditions and warrants that users understand, agree to and accept all terms and conditions contained here.
Experience Curators on the platform and guests using the platform are in compliance with the ZaNiheza Code of Conduct, part of these Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Definitions
In the present Terms & Conditions, these terms are used and defined as follows:
Experience Curators are the suppliers of ZaNiheza offerings. Experience Curators are defined as such when their profile appears online on the platform and they can receive bookings via ZaNiheza.
Guests are the customers of ZaNiheza, using the platform to make a reservation or communicate with Experience Curators.
ZaNiheza Inc. is a private company registered in Canada, with offices located at in Vancouver, British Columbia
Reservations (for Guests)
All reservations made via ZaNiheza (on website or app) are transferred to the Experience Curator requested.
Instant Confirmation means that the reservation will be automatically confirmed at the time and date chosen and with the requested Experience Curator. This does not prevent ZaNiheza from requesting a change of Experience Curator, time or date.
On Request bookings are subject to the Experience Curator confirmation based on their availability or the one of the activity or tickets when relevant. Guests are committing to their payment, and ZaNiheza guarantees that the reservation will be either confirmed or denied within 48 hours.
A reservation is only valid when confirmed by ZaNiheza via e-mail.
Guests making a reservation with ZaNiheza understand our cancellation policy.
Reservations (for Experience Curators)
All reservations made by guests via ZaNiheza engage the Experience Curators to providing the service booked.
Experience Curators understand that cancellations and transfers have a negative impact on guests satisfaction and will affect their performance on the platform.
Experience Curators are made aware of the cancellation policy.
When making a reservation, you may have to pay the full amount in advance. In this case you pay us the full amount stated on the website which is paid to the Experience Curator, within 72 hours after the reserved event has taken place in a satisfactory manner, while deducting the ZaNiheza fee payable by the Experience Curator. As a traveler no additional payments are needed; when the reservation is confirmed by us, all payments are done.
ZaNiheza will facilitate the payment as a commercial agent on behalf of the Experience Curator. Therefore, by accepting this Terms & Conditions, the Experience Curator enters into an agreement with ZaNiheza determining that ZaNiheza is authorized to negotiate or conclude the sale of the services provided by the Experience Curator on behalf of the Experience Curator.
Once you (being the guest) have made the payment, you have discharged your payment obligation, i.e. there is final settlement of the Curator’s claim on you as a guest.
We provide services to our Experience Curators and therefore we treat the Experience Curator as our legal customer. We will invoice the Experience Curator. On this invoice we will state our details, any applicable taxes and details of the service(s) provided by the Experience Curator to the traveler. As an Experience Curator you are responsible for providing the traveler with any documentation and/or invoice needed in compliance with the applicable tax law(s).
It’s an Experience Curator’s sole responsibility to determine which taxes are applicable and required to comply with the applicable local tax law and pay any corresponding taxes. These taxes can include, but are not limited to, taxes such as value added taxes, surcharges, sales taxes, personal or corporate income taxes imposed or any other taxes which are levied upon reservations made through our website or the payment thereof. Experience Curators represent and warrant that they will pay such taxes in time and in compliance with the applicable tax law.
ZaNiheza content may not be used or copied without explicit authorization from ZaNiheza. All text, graphics, editorial content, data, formatting, graphs, designs, HTML, look and feel, photographs, music, sounds, images, software, videos, designs, typefaces and other content (collectively “Proprietary Material”) on this website is owned by ZaNiheza, or is used with the owner’s permission. This Proprietary Material is protected in all forms, media and technologies. Users may not copy, download, use, redesign, reconfigure, or retransmit anything from this website without ZaNiheza’ prior written permission.
Quality of information
While we do our utmost best to verify the quality of the events Curated by our Experience Curators, we cannot always guarantee these are flawless and neither can we guarantee that all content on our website is without errors. In the event of misleading representation or misconduct on our website or in the framework of the events held by Experience Curators through our website and/or services, we may decide, in our sole discretion, to credit the traveler with a refund for the reservation amount paid or part thereof and charge the Experience Curator with this amount. No action of us may be construed as accepting any liability other than as mentioned herein.
When rendering our service, the information we disclose is based on the information provided to us by the Experience Curators. Although we will use reasonable skill and care in performing our service and verify (most of) the Experience Curators; we cannot guarantee that all information is accurate, complete and/or correct. Each Curator remains responsible at all times for the accuracy, completeness and correctness of the (descriptive) information displayed on our platform.
Therefore, use your own best judgment when using any of the services provided by our Experience Curators. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we, including without limitation any content, data and any information related hereto, is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis, without any warranties of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of use, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or use.
ZaNiheza does not warrant that this website and/or our services will be uninterrupted or error-free. It may correct, modify, amend, enhance, improve and make any other changes to the website and services at any time or discontinue displaying or providing any content or features without a notice to any user.
We do our very best to make sure all the information we provide you is 100% correct. However, as we are human beings too, errors are made. We hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to the use of our website and/or services, including, but not limited to the availability, reliability, or quality of our website and services, the events distributed through us, including the nature and quality of the events, and is not and shall not be responsible for any error, fault or mistake of any and all content and information received through our users , including by Curators or travelers. We do not endorse any entity, product or service mentioned in any user generated content available on our website.
ZaNiheza’ responsibility is limited to facilitating the availability of our website, application and services. The participation in any of the events Curated by the Experience Curators is at your own risk. ZaNiheza’ liability for damages shall be limited to the amount paid by guests. Except as provided herein, in no event shall ZaNiheza be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages of any kind, whether in an action of negligence or other tortuous actions resulting from or arising out of participation in any of the events Curated by the Curators.
Issues and Complaints
We’ll assist you in case of issues or complaints where possible. In case of a complaint about, or issue with the platform, app or services, please contact ZaNiheza to resolve the problem. In case of a complaint about an event you agree to contact ZaNiheza within 1 day after the complaint has arisen and you agree to cooperate with and assist ZaNiheza in good faith. You also agree to provide ZaNiheza with such information and take such actions as may be reasonably requested by ZaNiheza. As an Experience Curator you agree that in case of a no show or dissatisfactory deviations in the event caused by you, the guest will be refunded and you won’t receive payment. As a guest you understand that in case of a no show or no completion of/interruptions during the event caused by you, you as a guest are responsible for any damages up to the amount paid.
In case of any damage claims or other complaints related to the event exceeding the amount paid, ZaNiheza will mediate in finding a reasonable solution between traveler and Curator.
Any claim or complaint against ZaNiheza in respect of the service must be promptly submitted, but in any event within 14 days after the reserved event has taken place. Any claim or complaint that is submitted after the 14 days period, may be rejected and the claimant shall forfeit his/her right to any (damage or cost) compensation.
To the extent permitted by law, these T&C’s and the provision of our services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Canadians law and any and all dispute arising out of these T&C’s and our services shall exclusively be submitted to the competent Court in Vancouver, Canada.
Code of Conduct for Experience Curators
Experience Curators are expected to adhere to and respect the ZaNiheza Experience Curators Code of Conduct. The ZaNiheza Curators Code of Conduct contains quality standards as well as basic requirements for Curatoring.
- Quality Standards
Curator quality at ZaNiheza is defined by the following standards:
Passionate Experience Curators are the heart of ZaNiheza. Our promise to travelers is to offer them a unique experience, led by Experience Curators that are passionate about the topic of the experience, have a personal connection to it, and deep knowledge of it.
As an Experience Curator, you are expected to communicate this passion with your guests:
- Know your topics in depth, extra research and preparation work can make a world of difference.
- Be fully present during the experience, for example avoid getting distracted by your mobile.
- Be open and reactive to the feedback you receive from guests and ZaNiheza.
Our Experience Curators want to share the real soul of their city or town, offering an authentic and cultural experience to guests.
Provide an authentic experience by sharing a unique perspective, unveiling secret gems, providing unique access to your guests. Remember that guests booked you because they are looking to experience something they could not do by themselves!
Connecting cultures and people is our mission. Connect with your guests at all the steps of their ZaNiheza journey.
Before meeting the guests:
- Be available to reassure your guests and answer their questions. They might need some extra information, or simply reassurance that they picked the right Experience Curator and experience.
- If any changes are necessary on the route or plan for the experience, communicate it clearly to your guests. Make sure that they are comfortable with the changes.
During the experience:
- Pay attention to your guests’ needs: specific groups (elderly, children, persons with disabilities) may need special care.
- Face your guests and make pauses when giving an explanation to make sure everyone in the group feels involved and engaged.
- Be mindful of cultural differences, remember that different people may expect different behaviors and have different sensitivities. Remain curious and keep an open mind.
After the experience:
- Following up on the experience and sharing extra information and tips with the guests can go a long way!
Not meeting these standards will result in an incompatibility to work as a ZaNiheza Experience Curator. If you need any extra support or coaching, we are here for you! Check our Learning Center or get in touch with our team to receive help & resources.
- Curatoring requirements
The following requirements are minimum standards that Experience Curators must fulfill to keep a ZaNiheza profile. Any breach of these requirements will result in a performance breach and may lead in your removal from the platform.
Experience Curators are required to respect the following professional standards:
- Being available and reachable by both the guests and the office, in particular for any urgent or time sensitive issue, and around the time of a booking.
- Having an appropriate and professional presentation and outfit, respecting hygiene standards.
- Communicating with guests and ZaNiheza in a polite and respectful manner.
- Respecting the commitment that is a booking. Unforeseen situations can of course happen, but being late, cancelling or not showing up to a booking without informing your guests and without a valid reason is not acceptable.
- Avoiding any inappropriate behavior such as smoking during a tour.
ZaNiheza Experience Curators represent the ZaNiheza community, and are therefore expected to respect the following limitations:
- ZaNiheza tours should always be private. Unless specifically stated otherwise or requested by ZaNiheza with the agreement of all parties, groups from different bookings cannot be mixed, and no other participants but the guests are allowed to join.
- Experiences must always be led by the Experience Curator of the booking; Experience Curators should never send another person to fill in for a booking.
- Experience Curators must refrain from expressing negative feelings about ZaNiheza, or complaining about the company or any of its parties in front of the guests or on public platforms. All complaints and feedback should be addressed directly to the ZaNiheza team.
- Be mindful of your online presence and set your privacy settings accordingly. Keep in mind the ZaNiheza image when sharing your social profiles.
- Use the ZaNiheza platform genuinely to promote your profile and offer experiences to guests but refrain from using the ZaNiheza platform to conduct other business with guests (for example by trying to bypass the online booking system) or other Curators.
- Remain impartial and keep a service mind and a calm temper when interacting with guests.
- Curators should not solicit tips and do not discuss remuneration with guests.
Curators commit to maintaining high standards of safety and security when providing a service to guests. The following standards apply:
- ZaNiheza Experience Curators should always avoid unsafe situations and assess tour activities for potential hazards or critical points.
- Informing guests of relevant safety procedures when necessary, keeping the relevant emergency numbers and being aware of the closest medical facilities is a must.
- Experience Curators must never be intoxicated on a tour/experience. Drinking alcohol is forbidden if wine or beer tastings are not included in the tour for guests (for example, Wine & Tapas tour).
In addition, Curators commit to never purchasing an alcoholic drink for a minor.
- Possession or use of illegal drugs on tour will result in instant removal from ZaNiheza platform.
- Emotional or intimate involvement with any guest – whether real or perceived, and as assessed by ZaNiheza in its sole discretion, will lead to the instant removal from the platform. ZaNiheza Curators are in a position of trust and are expected to act accordingly at all times while on a tour.
Curators should never enter guests’ hotel rooms to avoid any possible misunderstandings or misinterpretations.
Code of Conduct for ZaNiheza Guests
ZaNiheza connects guests to Experience Curators around the world, offers genuine experiences and builds bridges between cultures.
To ensure the connections created are mutually beneficial and respectful, any usage of the ZaNiheza platform must be in line with our Code of Conduct by which users agree:
- To respect the professionalism of their local Curator
2. To not behave in an offensive, aggressive, threatening, harassing, racist or xenophobic nature, or with sexual connotations, inciting violence, discrimination or hatred towards their local Curator and surrounding people
3. To not to try to bypass the online booking system of the Platform and arrange a tour without booking it on the platform
4. To not contact a ZaNiheza Experience Curator for a purpose other than:
– Arranging details of the booking for a ZaNiheza experience;
– Arranging details of the meeting with the Curator;
– Asking for local tips & advice
5. To respect local customs and rules & regulations
ZaNiheza Services to Guests
ZaNiheza is an online platform for travelers seeking to engage with locals all over the world to offer them the most outstanding authentic experiences and activities. We are a marketplace where demand (travelers) meets supply (Experience Curators).
Through our website, travelers can book experiences, tours and activities with Experience Curators all over the world.
By making a reservation through our platform, guests enter into a direct contractual relationship with the Experience Curator with whom they make a reservation. From the point when the booking is made, ZaNiheza acts solely as an intermediary between the guest and the Experience Curator. ZaNiheza is not a party to any agreement between the guest and the Experience Curator and is not liable for any (attributable) failure to perform or other damages arising out of this relationship.
With every booking it is required that at least on person from 18 years or older is present during the experience.
ZaNiheza Services to Experience Curators
ZaNiheza is an online platform for locals seeking to engage with travelers from all over the world to offer them the most outstanding eat experiences, tours and activities. We are a marketplace where demand (travelers) meets supply (Experience Curators).
ZaNiheza offers Experience Curators and guides the possibility to offer tours and activities to guests via the platform (website and app) as well as through partnerships with other companies.
ZaNiheza promotes the Curator’s profile as well as offerings and help them succeed in their endeavor as a ZaNiheza Curator.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
By facilitating access to different cultures and everything the world has to offer, we hope
to inspire people to learn, create equity in pay for Experience Curators and increase awareness and
empathy to spark positive change. This intention underpins everything we do.
We believe that celebrating the diversity of our Experience Curator community, all of
our guests and our team will make the world a better place.